Currently attempting to reconcile passions for forensic biology, animation, television/film production, and technical theater. ♥
EMMA WATSON STANDS UP TO TURKISH PRIME MINISTER’S SEXISM
KEKE PALMER TO PLAY THE FIRST BLACK CINDERELLA ON BROADWAY
SONY ANNOUNCED THEY’RE GONNA DO A FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIE FROM THE SPIDER-MAN UNIVERSE
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS
BECAUSE THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST IVE HEARD ABOUT IT
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
We pay all of our student interns, for one thing. I would say the following applies to any job:
1. Do your research. When you apply for any job, have a website (it can be a tumblr) with your clips on it. Write a clear, well-researched cover letter. Explain what it is you want to do. Don’t say “your organization” — say “NPR.” Let us know you’re familiar with us.
2. Network. This doesn’t require much. Follow people from the organization you would like to work on Twitter and Tumblr, so you will find out about jobs (we post all of ours with the hashtag #pubjobs) and can talk about specifics in the interivew.
3. Write. You are a person of the Internet. By this, I mean you have Tumblr and Twitter and all sorts of ways to get your writing and audio out there. Put your audio up on prx. Write stuff and submit it to NPR. (Here’s Code Switch’s tips on doing that.) There’s no reason not to start now.